Happy Earth Day! (Contest Alert)
“The earth does not belong to us, we belong to the the earth.” -Chief Seattle
Since 1970, every year on April 22nd people all over the world have been celebrating Earth Day to demonstrate support for environmental protection. Earth Day’s mission is about raising awareness, battling environmental issues, and encouraging sustainable practices to protect the world’s resources. As citizens of the world, let’s take actions to protect the earth, its creatures and their habitats. Explore the beauty of nature and let’s honor the earth with these simple and meaningful ways to celebrate Earth Day! Small steps make a big difference.
- Ride a bike – Cars contribute greatly to air pollution, climate change, and have a negative impact on our health. Give your car the day off today and use a more eco-friendly mode of transportation instead, such as walking, riding your bike, taking the bus or train, skateboarding, or rollerblading! You can also start carpooling with your friends or co-workers to help conserve energy.
- Get a reusable water bottle – 80% of plastic water bottles are not recycled and end up in landfills and oceans harming organisms and the environment. Get yourself a reusable water bottle to reduce plastic waste.
- Bring your own shopping bags – make the effort to put reusable shopping bags in your vehicle or in your handbag to reduce the use of plastic bags. Waste of plastic bags poses serious danger to human, animals, and the environment.
- Switch to paperless billing – Paper waste is also a growing problem nowadays. Switching from paper to electronic statements can help us take a step forward to a greater environmental sustainability.
- Plant a tree – Trees help produce oxygen that filter out pollutants to clean the air. You can also start growing your own vegetables and fruits at home to eliminate the carbon emissions that are involved in getting produce to plate.
- Join our Earth Day Coloring Contest!
BAZIC Earth Day Coloring Contest
In celebration of Earth Day, you are invited to submit your entries to our BAZIC Earth Day Coloring Contest! Open to all kids and kids at heart 🌎❤️
How to participate:
- Click here to Download the template.
- Take a photo of your completed entry.
- Submit your entries via Facebook, Instagram, or twitter. Entries must be posted on your feed and don’t forget to tag us @bazicproducts and include #BAZICArt
- Entries are due by 5/10
- One winner will be selected across each platform (Facebook, Instagram, & Twitter) for a total of 3 winners. Each winner will receive 1 pack of BAZIC Premium Crayons, 1 pack of BAZIC Colored Pencils, and 1 pack of BAZIC Washable Markers.
- Open to all ages within the United States
- Rules and Regulations
Be creative, have fun, and good luck! 😉